- Leia atentamente o texto e/ou enunciado que antecede a cada questão.
- USE SOMENTE CANETA AZUL OU PRETA. QUESTÕES A LÁPIS NÃO SERÃO CONSIDERADAS.
- Dê respostas claras e completas a todas as questões. As respostas confusas ou incompletas acarretarão perda de pontos.
- Não abrevie, nem use reticência (...) ou etc...
- Não use corretivo.
- Não rasure as questões. Caso tenha que mudar o que já escreveu, passe um traço sobre essa parte.
- É PROIBIDO CONSULTAR QUALQUER MATERIAL, LIVRO, RESUMOS OU CADERNO.
- É proibido o empréstimo de material durante a realização da prova.
Atividade de Inglês – 2º ano Ensino Médio
1. (Ufes) Fill in the blanks in the text by using the words below. Write your answers in the blanks found after the text.
accused – called – decided – moved – picked – saw – scratched – served – told – turned
'Punctuation hero' branded a vandal for painting apostrophes on street signs
After enduring sloppy punctuation on the street sign outside his home for more than a year, Stefan Gatward could stand it no longer.
The 62-year-old former soldier _____(1)_____ to launch a one-man crusade against 'dumbed down' Britain, and _____(2)_____ up a paintbrush to insert a missing apostrophe.
This _____(3)_____ the incorrect St Johns Close into the correct St John's Close.
But he was immediately _____(4)_____ of being a vandal by one neighbour, and his amendments have been _____(5)_____ off by others who apparently prefer the wrong version.
The 62-year-old's defense of the apostrophe comes after Birmingham council announced it would scrap the punctuation from council signs for the sake of 'simplicity'.
Mr Gatward _____(6)_____ into his flat in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, 14 months ago.
He said today: 'As we are off St John's Road and opposite St John's Church, both with the apostrophe, St John's Close should have one too.'
But when Mr Gatward decided to correct the crime against the language by painting in the missing punctuation mark, he was jeered by a neighbour.
'He _____(7)_____ me I was wrong. He _____(8)_____ me a vandal and a graffiti artist,' Mr Gatward said.
'He tried to tell me that the Post Office would not deliver to the street if you put in an apostrophe.'
Mr Gatward, who _____(9)_____ for four years in the Gordon Highlanders in the 1960s, is not just a campaigner for the apostrophe.
He will not join the 'five items or less' queue at the supermarket, in protest that the sign should read 'five items or fewer'.
He also gets annoyed when people-neglect the 'Royal' in 'Royal Tunbridge Wells', and was vexed when he _____(10)_____ a major chain store advertising sales with signs saying 'until stocks last' rather than 'while stocks last'.
'I fought for the preservation of our heritage and our language but some people seem happy to let that go. I'm not,' he said.
(FERNANDEZ, Colin. 'Punctuation hero' branded a vandal for painting apostrophes on street signs. Disponível em: <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/
news/article-1207301/ Punctuation-hero-branded- vandal-inserting-apostrophes- street-signs.html>. Acesso em: 3 ago. 2010).
2. (Ufrj) GOOD LIFE - 4 hours in...
Finished your business meetings but got a few hours to kill? Here's where to go when you're at loose ends.
a) _______ plate-size veal schnitzel at Borchardt, Berlin's most buzzing bistro.
b) ________ through the hauntingly beautiful
Weissensee cemetery, Europe's largest Jewish graveyard.
c) ________ a teddy bear from the flagship store of the company that invented them in 1902, Steiff.
d) _______ at the Grand Hyatt's deluxe top-floor pool with a panoramic view of Berlin's monuments.
"NEWSWEEK", March 13, 2006
Identifique o verbo, dentre os listados a seguir, que inicia cada uma das frases do texto.
BUY - SWIM - STROLL - EAT - DRINK - SEE
3. (Ufv) Complete the sentences below using the correct form of the verb in parentheses:
a) Jazz ____________ created by black Americans a long time ago. (be)
b) The black slaves ____________ the music of their homeland. (sing)
c) Today, jazz ______________ to grow and change. (continue)
d) A jazz song sounds different each time it is _______________. (hear)
e) Today, people from all over the world ________________ jazz. (play)
f) ___________________ many musical groups in Brazil that play the samba, our national rhythm. (there to be)
4. (G1) Coloque os verbos entre parênteses no Simple Present. Decida se as orações estão na negativa ou na afirmativa:
a) I'm sorry, but John __________ (do) play the piano very well.
b) My sister has 6 children. She simply ___________ (love) them.
c) Tom and Carol are not very sociable. They __________ (have) few friends.
d) I don't live far from downtown, so I __________ (walk) there.
e) What's wrong? You __________ (look) worried.
f) My favorite passtime is swimming. I __________ (swim) 3 km in an hour.
5. (G1) Make these interrogative:
You wear boots.
6. (G1) Complete as orações a seguir com o Simple Present Tense:
a) I ________ (like) you a lot. ________ you ________ (like) me?
b) the sun __________ (rise) in the east and ________ (set) in the west.
c) What ________ your father ________ (do) after dinner? He usually ________ (watch) TV or ________ (read) the newspaper.
d) How often ________ you ________ (listen) to music? I always ________ (listen) to it.
e) Mary ________ (play) basketball very well, but she ________ (not play) volleyball.
f) How often ________ your sister ________ (go) to the beach? She rarely ________ (go) there, because she ________ (not like) it.
7. (G1) Complete as orações a seguir com o Simple Present ou Present Continuous:
a) Pablo ____________ (always, speak) Spanish when he is at home.
b) We ____________ (study) for the tests at the moment.
c) I ____________ (not like) spaghetti.
d) The earth ____________ (move) around the sun.
e) What time ____________ (they, usually, have) dinner?
f) Look! It ____________ (snow).
g) We ____________ (get up) at 7 every day.
h) Lazy students ____________ (seldom, do) their homework.
8. (G1) Complete the sentences with THE PRESENT CONTINUOUS OR THE SIMPLE PRESENT.
1) Valerie ________________ French twice a week. (to teach)
2) Jim __________________ on the phone right now. (to talk)
3) Sometimes Carol ______________ TV in the evening and sometimes she ________________ to music. (to watch) (to listen)
4) It is 12 o'clock now. My family _____________ lunch. (to have)
5) My dad usually __________________ to work by car, but today he ______________________ by bus. (to go)
9. (G1) Fill the blanks with Present Progressive Tense:
a) I ____________________ a postcard to my parents.
b) Richard ____________________ in the lake.
c) Hiroko ____________________ photographs.
10. (G1) Simples Past or Past Progressive? Complete
1) He ___________ (to say) he ___________ (to open) the shop when the burglars ____________ (to Arrive).
2) We ____________ (to have) dinner when we ____________ (to hear) someone knock at the door.
3) What a coincidence! I ____________ (to think) about you when you ____________ (to telephone).
4) A big mango ___________ (to fall) on his face when he ____________ (to rest) under the tree.
11. (G1) Complete as orações a seguir com o Simple Past ou o Past Continuous:
a) As I __________ (drive) home, a policeman __________ (stop) me and __________ (ask) me for my driving license.
b) Why __________ you (laugh) when he __________ (say) his name?
c) Last night when I __________ (arrive) home, my parents __________ (have) dinner.
d) The secretary __________ (type) a letter when her boss __________ (ask) her for a coffee.
e) When I __________ (wake) up this morning it __________ (rain).
f) The film was so boring that I __________ (leave) the movies.
g) Who __________ (you, talk) to when I __________ (meet) you yesterday?
h) The couple __________ (date) when a thief __________ (rob) them.
Resposta da questão 1: 1. decided
Resposta da questão 2: a) Eat (ou Buy)
c) Buyd) Swim
Resposta da questão 3: a) Jazz WAS created by black Americans a long time ago.
b) The black slaves SANG the music of their homeland.
c) Today, jazz CONTINUES to grow and change.
d) A jazz song sounds different each time it is HEARD.
e) Today, people from all over the world PLAY jazz.
f) THERE ARE many musical groups in Brazil that play the samba, our national rhythm.
Resposta da questão 4: a) doesn't play
e) lookf) swim
Resposta da questão 5: Do you wear boots?
Resposta da questão 6: a) like / do like
b) rises / sets
c) does do / watches / reads
d) do listen / listen
e) plays / doesn't playf) does go / goes doesn't
Resposta da questão 7: a) always speaks
b) are studying
c) don't like
e) do they usually have
f) is snowing
g) get uph) seldom do
Resposta da questão 8: 1) ... teaches ...
2) ... is talking ...
3) ... watches ... listens ...
4) ... is having ...5) ... goes ... going ...
Resposta da questão 9: a) I AM WRITING a postcard to my parents.
b) Richard IS SWIMMING in the lake.
c) Hiroko IS TAKING photographs.
Resposta da questão 10: 1) He SAID he WAS OPENING the shop when the burglars ARRIVED.
2) We WERE HAVING dinner when we HEARD someone knock at the door.
3) What a coincidence! I WAS THINKING about you when you TELEPHONED.
4) A big mango FELL on his face when he WAS RESTING under the tree.
Resposta da questão 11: a) was driving / stopped / asked
b) did you laugh / said
c) arrived / were having
d) was typing / asked
e) woke / was raining
g) were you talking / meth) was dating / robbed